The Law Office of Edward W. Neufville, III, LLC, is pleased to announce two educational internship opportunity as a Legal Assistant.
This is a remote position. The intern will report directly to the Managing Attorney.
The intern at the Law Office of Edward W. Neufville, III, LLC, will become acquainted with the day-to-day operations of a boutique immigration law practice as you work with and staff on immigration litigation cases, naturalization, business and family based immigration cases. Law clerks/externs will research and write legal memoranda on issues affecting pending immigration cases.
Major duties will include:
- Drafting memoranda of law for complex immigration issues.
- Drafting appellate briefs to the Board of Immigration Appeals.
- Assisting the Managing Attorney with the preparation of applications for non-immigrant and immigrant visa applications before the United States Immigration Courts.
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services and the National Visa Center.
The hallmark of the Law Office of Edward W. Neufville, III, LLC, has been its continued commitment to giving back to the community through its pro bono and philanthropic endeavors. Over the years, the firm has represented several organizations and individuals through its pro bono program. In 2006, Attorney Edward W. Neufville, III, received the American Immigration Lawyers’ Association Washington D.C. Chapter’s Pro Bono Advocate of Year Award. In 2002, while still in law school, Attorney Neufville received the Department of Justice Award for providing Pro Bono Representation to Detained Immigrants before the Board of Immigration Appeals. Since 2004, we have invested in our communities and supported non-profit organizations that share our common values and philosophy.
Over the past 16 years, Law Office of Edward W. Neufville, III, LLC has provided support to the following organizations:
- Capital Area Immigration Rights Coalition (Immigrant Rights Advocacy)
- Washington DC Tigerlilly Foundation (Breast Cancer Support)
- Fairfax, Virginia Catholic Legal Immigration Network (CLINIC) Washington DC
- BIA Pro Bono Project, 2003-present
- Washington DC Liberian Professional Network. Washington DC
- YMCA- Washington, D.C. (Silver Spring branch)
- The Public Justice Center Washington, DC Foundation of Orthopedics
- Complex Spine Foundation Ghana, West Africa
- Hinds Feet Ministries Monrovia, Liberia
To apply, please send your resume, unofficial transcript, a current writing sample, and list of references to:
Bahia Akerele, MSW Chief Operating Officer
Law Office of Edward W. Neufville, III, LLC
8121 Georgia Avenue, Suite 650
Silver Spring, Maryland, 20910
firstname.lastname@example.org (email is preferred)